Puppy's mum says: Dogs and Cats

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Jun 19, 2008

Dogs and Cats

I've been writing about Dogs and Cats for some time now, and it's paid off in various ways. I don't have a cat, but I've lived with one with my husband, and when I was a teenager. I think my thing is that I just don't 'get' cats the way I 'get' dogs. Cats do intrigue me though, and they are totally beautifully creatures.
I understand dogs, I know why they do things. I guess I know why cats do things too, because they can! Cats can do almost anything and get away with it. Sometimes the Pharaoh Hounds seem quite cat like, particularly when they have the scent of someting and their thinking brain switches off. I think cats are more in touch with their basic animal nature than most dogs are. And I think Pharaoh Hounds are more in touch with their animal nature than Schnauzers are.
As I've said before, Schnauzers don't turn off the way Pharaoh Hounds do when they get the scent of something to chase. Don 't get me wrong, the Pharaoh Hounds are lovely, they're just not obedient the way a Schnauzer is (or should be). The Schnauzer wants to please the boss, the Pharaoh Hound, like a cat, think it is the boss.
Slight change of subject - I heard on the radio yesterday a story about a new breed of cat being introduced to Australia. It's called the Savannah Cat, and it's a cross between a Serval and a domestic cat. The Serval is more than twice the size of a pussy cat, and it's a hunting machine, like all of the wild cats. This seems so wrong! The breeders in Australia say the bush won't be overrun with pitiless hunting machines, but what if???? It sounds bad to me.

No comments: