Puppy's mum says: When Should You Take your Dog to the Vet?

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Jul 25, 2010

When Should You Take your Dog to the Vet?

The answer to the question of when you should take your dog to the vet is simple. If your dog is suffering and you have done all you can to help ease the suffering with no result, you should take you dog to the vet, or at last contact your vet for advice.

You have the responsibility to your dog, or other pet, to make sure it is as healthy as it can be. A visit to the vet can be expensive, but it is up to you to help. The reason I'm considering this question is because I took one of our dogs to the vet today to help with a health issue she is having at the moment.

The dog involved is Missy, our youngest Pharaoh Hound. The health issue she is having at the moment is some kind of an eye infection, in both eyes. Missy has been to the vet about this previously, and has received treatment for it, but the problem is still happening, so it was time for another trip.

Missy doesn't like her eyes being looked at so I gave my vet the go ahead to sedate her and have a proper look to try to find out why she was getting a sticky discharge in her eyes. I'm a little worried about our sweet little girl being away from home, but I know she will be looked after.

I'm hoping to be able to pick Missy up from the vet this afternoon with a new plan to fix her problem. I know it will cost me money, but it's worth it if Missy ends up with lovely clear eyes again.

So for me, the most important thing to consider is whether you dog will be healthier and happier after their trip to the vet. Keeping your dog at home won't fix a problem that needs treatment. Taking your dog to the vet will probably fix the problem if treatment is needed. So it was easy for us to decide that Missy needed to go to the vet.

I hope that my little story here may help others who have the same kind of issue.

No comments: