Puppy's mum says: The Reason Why Bitches are Called Bitches

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Sep 24, 2010

The Reason Why Bitches are Called Bitches

I really should know better, but yet again ourdogs have proved they are not always sweet and lovely.

Yesterday I was inside and I left all of the four dogs we have outside. I'd been out with them earlier and they were all friendly with each other - one adult male pharaoh hound (Lah Dee, two adult female pharaoh hounds ( Ananka and Missy) and one adult female schnauzer (Nena).

Ananka is the mother of the other two pharaoh hounds and Nena is the oldest dog. All seemed fine and then I heard a huge snarling and crashing around and Lah Dee who was in the back dog run was barking like a mad thing. I rushed outside to see Nena had Ananka by the side of her head just below her ear.

I got the whip we have in the laundry for obtaining a little respect at times like this, encouraged Nena and Ananka to break up the fight and then put Nena inside. My heart was beating fast and I was trembling a little. I'm not sure what started the fight,but I know that I'll try not to let it happen again.

It may be that Nena is coming into season which always changes the pack dynamics around, or it may be that the full moon was rising up in the sky. Anyway, whatever the reason, I have learned my lesson now - don't leave those two girls out together!

No comments: