Puppy's mum says: Crazy Weather

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Dec 2, 2010

Crazy Weather

The crops around our place were looking great, and lots of farmers gou out there, making hay or harvesting the grain. Then the rain came!

Farmers love the rain, yes, but at the proper time. We got 30mm of rain on one day this week. Right now is not a good time to get that much rain. The crops are all looking fantastic, standing up proud and with lots of grain there.

Rain right now means no harvesting until we've had some decent sunshine to dry things up again. If the grain starts to sprout, that will downgrade the grain, so what may have been top quality wheat for pasta make becomes stock feed.

The price for stock feed is much lower than the premium price paid for durum wheat for pasta. I am so glad I live where I live, in the country, but I am also glad I'm not a farmer. I don't think I could handle the stress of it!

No comments: