Puppy's mum says: Writing creatively for therapy

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


May 4, 2010

Writing creatively for therapy

Hello,
I had this posted on a different blog, but it seems like a better fit to have it posted here. It's a poem I wrote in response to my diagnosis with Multiple Sclerosis earlier this year.

I use creative writing as therapy to help me understand the issues life has handed me. This helps me to look at issues from many different angles.

I am going through some health issues at the moment, and I have found my creative writing has helped me to stay in a happy and positive space.

I'd like to share with you a poem I wrote which explains my way of looking at my new life. I am a firm believer in the power of creative writing as an effective form of therapy, for all people who are feeling troubled.

My Special friend
Multiple Sclerosis

I have a new friend

who is going to be with me

for the rest of my life.

My Special friend

can get me things, good things

like special car parking

really close to the shops

and maybe even money

from the government.

But like any friendship,

there’s a downside.


My Special friend slows

me down, hanging off

my arm and my leg

so I can’t walk fast and I can’t

carry heavy things. My Special

friend makes life harder

so I get too tired, too often.

But My Special friend is teaching

me things, things about myself,

about life, my friends, my health,

about not taking things for granted.


The good, the bad, the indifferent –

life hands it all to you,

it's up to each person to deal

with what they're given.

My Special friend will show me
a brand new life.


I hope you enjoyed the poem. I would love to read your thoughts about it. Feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: