Puppy's mum says: It was a Good Funeral

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Nov 9, 2010

It was a Good Funeral


It was a good afternoon celebrating Dad's life. Lots of family and friends, sharing stories. Tears and laughter, the way a good funeral should be.

The celebrant said some wise things, then he shared some things he’d learned from my mother. I read a poem I’d written for the occasion and said a few words explaining what I feel is an important  thing about how Dad influenced my life.My father taught me about the importance of poetry in life.

Then my brother shared an email he’d received from a harness racing identity who couldn’t be at the funeral. It talked about an important event in harness racing history and connected with a lot of the people there. There was mention of how my father had helped this person in his early years.

My brother then told of how our father had affected his life, and many of us let the tears flow. My baby brother did a fine job, struggling through his strong emotional response, and I learned a lot about the bedrock affect Dad had on my brother.

We then watched Dad’s body, in the hearse, do one final lap of the track and farewelled my father after in the traditional way, with memories, food and drinks shared.

Now, life goes on, we all did our best to wave my father goodbye, and I hope we will keep our fond memories alive for many more years.

No comments: