Puppy's mum says: My Long Overdue Dog Report

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Apr 10, 2011

My Long Overdue Dog Report

Well, what can I say? It's been quite a while since I last wrote anything on this blog, I've been spending my time online in other places. But today is the day I'm letting people know how our hounds are going.

The first thing to say is that our four dogs are absolute failures at what should be their prime task, which is rodent removal. We have a bit of a problem with mice inside our house at the moment, and the dogs aren't doing enough to deal with the issue.

We've been regularly catching mice in traps set in the kitchen, but I still haven't seen any of the dogs catch a mouse. Every now and then the dogs might get off the sofa and look intently at something, but there's never a pounce and catch.I'm starting to think about what I can do next to encourage them.

I briefly thought of not feeding them but I really couldn't do that to them. It's an owner's responsibility to care for their pets. These are dogs, anyway, hunting and killing things should come to them naturally, especially our three Pharaoh Hounds.

I don't really know what to try next. We've had some intense action the past couple of days. About two hours ago Nena, our schnauzer, chased something I couldn't see - she ran behind the computer, scrabbling madly, then she managed to unplug the computer and get stuck underneath the little table the printer sits on. I was not happy!

The day's before the incident was Nena again - she and the three pharaoh hounds started carrying on near our entertainment centre, running up and down like mad things. Then Nena got behind everything there and I think she couldn't get out again. I didn't see what happened, but someone, I think Jake, got her out of there.
Nothing seemed damaged.

Yesterday morning though, I found out she'd done something - I tried to switch on the Wii Fit and nothing happened. Graham and I both looked at it and poked around a little, but gave it up. We decided this was a job for Jake, our Tech Expert. It was Sunday morning though an Jake was still in bed. Fortunately Jake didn't sleep in too long and he easily fixed the problem once he was up. A big thank you to Jake on that one!

That's about it for now, except to say our four dogs might be dunces at catching mice inside, but they are absolute stars at resting on the sofa - any time of the day or night, if the dogs are loose inside, there's usually at least one reclining on their sofa!

One good thing about the four of our dogs now, Nena and Ananka, the two oldest girl dogs seem perfectly happy to co-exist inside with no fuss. That makes for a happier household! If this doesn't, I'll probably give all of the gory details on this site.

Goodbye for now, but hopefully not for too long!

No comments: