Puppy's mum says: Back again!

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Oct 18, 2011

Back again!

In case you're wondering, yes, it's been a while since I was here. I'm suffering from too many blogs and not enough something or other. My blogs are missing out on new posts as a result.

Anyway, here's what's been going on at our house.

Jake has become an adult in terms of age - he had his 18th birthday a week ago. He has his P plates and his own car, so he's able to go where he wants, when he wants to. He's being very adult indeed in his attitudes to money and helping me. I couldn't ask for a better son, really.

Graham is being lovely, as a good husband can be, so life is going well on that front.

The only cause of unhappiness, stress is with the relations between some of  the dogs. We had some nastiness a few weeks ago, when the girls decided a challenge for the top spot was on, and they staged a match. There was much noise and teeth, and sadly there was some blood too.

Our boy dog Lah Dee was involved too. It all happened when the four dogs were loose in the backyard. They'd been together in the yard under supervision other times with no problems. This time though, it went wrong. The end results were: 1/ Missy was bleeding and had to be well bandaged to make the bleeding stop, 2/ Nena suffered a slight bite on the back of her neck - she had a long coat at that time, which probably saved her from a nasty bite 3/ We took Missy to vet - it cost a bit, but she's not too bad, 4/ We've gone back to keeping Missy and Ananka away from Nena. This means musical dogs again, but at least the girls all go to bed when I tell them to, so it's not too bad.

Lah Dee of course is fine with the three girls, and Missy and Ananka are fine together still. It's just that both Ananka and Nena want to be top bitch, and they'll have to fight it out to sort that one out. I don't want the stress or the cost, so I'm happy enough to continue with the musical dogs.

Apart from that, the plants are going well and Graham and I both went to the SA Bonsai Society show last weekend, which was inspiring. We both bought a new pot and some of the special little stones to make potted bonsai look pretty.

Our crop of kale is going well, and I've picked some to have for lunch. Kale is a good source of calcium, and I need more calcium, so I'm thinking about a kale and cheese sandwich for lunch, with a banana.

Gotta go now, my tummy says it's lunch time!




No comments: