Puppy's mum says: Weather Extremes - Remember Your Pet!

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Jan 16, 2012

Weather Extremes - Remember Your Pet!



When the weather is too terrible for you to go or stay outside, don't forget your pet. Most pets can suffer too, when Nature gives us extreme weather. 


At the moment, South Australia, where I live, has a forecast of 39 degrees celsius, with rain expected in the afternoon and evening. 39 degrees celsius is 102 Fahrenheit, that's too hot for me and for my dogs! So at the moment, I'm staying inside, and so are the four dogs. 


Our other pets are goldfish. They live in a deep pond outside, with shade. If it's too hot for them at the top of their pond, they have plenty of cool water further down. I know they'll be fine out there. Some fish aren't so lucky, if your fish are in the sunshine on a very hot day, and they're in a shallow pond, it can get extremely dangerous for them.


Pet owners must realise the responsibilities they take on, when they get a pet. If my dogs were outside, and they didn't have shade and water available, it could become life threatening for them. I'm a responsible pet owner who cares, so I keep my dogs inside where it's cool, and I make sure they have water to drink if they want it.


No comments: