Puppy's mum says: Update on Jenne

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Jul 31, 2008

Update on Jenne

Jenne seems completely well now, no swelling of eyes or gums. I took her to Chris, our vet, this morning for her vaccination which had been postponed until she was well. 

I wanted to keep Jenne safe on the vet trip, so I put her in our soft crate, which has plenty of room whether there's a baby Schnauzer in there or an adult Pharaoh Hound (I don't think Kharis would fit in there though!).

Jenne, of course, loudly let me know that she resented being locked up like a common criminal. I just turned the volume of the radio up, and tried to ignore her. I've become passionate about securely tethering dogs in the car. Terrible accidents can occur if dogs can get loose. It doesn't bear thinking about. 

Anyway, Jenne's been pronounced fine by Chris, we just need to keep an eye out for any reaction to the vaccination. With Jenne's immune system problems, it may always be something to keep an eye on. It's such a shame, Jenne is the sweetest little puppy - naughty, but very cute with it!

I'll also be keeping a very close look on Jenne's mouth for another reason. Recently I looked at Jenne's mouth and was saddened to see her bite is not a correct scissor bite, but is undershot instead. The next day Jenne was at the vets and Chris looked at her bite and confirmed the undershot bite. Chris thinks it may be because Jenne was unwell at a crucial stage, and perhaps it may come good when Jenne's adult teeth come through. I certainly hope so - if her bite doesn't come good, it will be the end of her show career before it even starts. 

Jenne can still eat just fine thank you very much, no problems there! If the bite doesn't correct itself, Jenne will be looking for a pet home though.

No comments: