Puppy's mum says: Happy Birthday Puppy Dog!

How might Puppy's Mum be able to help you?

Pharaoh Hound Information
http://www.facebook.com/platform

Do you have a dog, and have questions about how to keep your dog happy? Is your new puppy having trouble settling in? Are you looking for a new puppy and aren't sure where to look?

I would love to help you with any of these issues, and more. My husband and I have bred many puppies over the last twenty years, and every puppy born at our home is important to us. Whether the puppy became a show dog or a much loved pet, it always remained 'our' puppy to some extent. We always cared about the wellbeing of that puppy.

I would love to be there for you too, if you have a new dog or pup, or if you're thinking of getting one, I would love to help you make the right choices for yourself, your family and for your puppy or dog.

Ask a question on this website, or make a comment. I'll answer you, I am here for you.


Oct 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Puppy Dog!

Yes, today is birthday for one of our dogs. Lah Dee, show name Holkschter Lah Dee Dah, is having his 6th birthday today, according to my calendar. So we've lived with this funny and frustrating hound for six years. He drives us crazy with his naughty habit of digging holes on the back lawn, but he makes us laugh with his funny ways and his goofy playfulness.

Hounds can be like that - the goofy playfulness seems to be a common thing with Pharaoh Hounds, and other sight hounds too, from what I've seen and read. The other dog breed I know well is the Standard Schnauzer. Std Schnauzers don't usually have as much goofiness, and certainly I haven't seen it in our girl Schnauzers, just the boys sometimes.

Even though it's Lah Dee's birthday, we won't have anything much in the way of celebrations for him. I've given him an extra pat today, and I think Jake has too, but that will probably be it. We've never really gone in for birthday celebrations for our dogs over the years of being into showing and breeding them, and now that our dogs are pets only, we still don't do much.

It may be because we look on our dogs as dogs, not replacements for children. I'm not sure. I know other people make a lot more of a fuss for their beloved pooches on birthdays. I'm OK with other people doing that, it's just not our way.

Do you celebrate your pet's birthday? I'd love to hear about you ideas on this. Please leave a message and tell me all about it!

No comments: